Smith’s Bible Dictionary
“Eliphelet” means the God of deliverance
- The name of a son of David, one of the children born to him after his establishment in Jerusalem. (1 Chronicles 3:6) (B.C. after 1044.)
- Another son of David, belonging also to the Jerusalem family, and apparently the last of his sons. (1 Chronicles 3:8)
- One of the thirty warriors of David's guard. (2 Samuel 23:34)
- Son of Eshek, a descendant of King Saul through Jonathan. (1 Chronicles 8:39) (B.C. before 536.)
- One of the leaders of the Bene-Adonikam who returned from Babylon with Ezra. (Ezra 8:13) (B.C. 459.)
- A man of the Bene-Hushum in the time of Ezra who had married a foreign wife. (Ezra 10:33) (B.C. 458).