Easton’s Bible Dictionary
Jehiel: God's living one.
- The father of Gibeon (1 Chronicles 9:35).
- One of David's guard (1 Chronicles 11:44).
- One of the Levites "of the second degree," appointed to conduct the music on the occasion of the ark's being removed to Jerusalem (1 Chronicles 15:18,20).
- A Hachmonite, a tutor in the family of David toward the close of his reign (1 Chronicles 27:32).
- The second of Jehoshaphat's six sons (2 Chronicles 21:2).
- One of the Levites of the family of Heman who assisted Hezekiah in his work of reformation (2 Chronicles 29:14).
- A "prince" and "ruler of the house of God" who contributed liberally to the renewal of the temple sacrifices under Josiah (2 Chronicles 35:8).
- The father of Obadiah (Ezra 8:9).
- One of the "sons" of Elam (Ezra 10:26).
- Ezra 10:21.